PLEASE, READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW AND ACCEPT BEFORE MAKING AN ORDER.
- Australian Consumer Law and Paypal Buyer Protection to protect sellers and buyers are deemed Supreme if they conflict with any of Elite Kente Pty Ltd’s terms of sales and shipping below.
- Elite Kente Pty Ltd main store is located in Brisbane, Australia. We therefore operate under the jurisdiction of Queensland State Law and Australian Federal and Commonwealth Laws.
- Australian Consumer Law is summarised as:
- “If a product or service you buy fails to meet a consumer guarantee, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law. The remedy you’re entitled to will depend on whether the issue is major or minor.”
The customer can ask us for refund, when the item we sold did not meet the descriptions on our website or the item has a major problem according Australian Consumer Law definition. If the customer have a minor problem with our a product, we may give the customer a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When the item has a major problem , the customer has the right to ask for their choice of a replacement or refund.
What is a major problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
- it is unsafe.
- Our main method of accepting payments are through PayPal, Bank Transfer, Check and Cash at the store.
- Customers may choose to pay for an item using one or more of our flexible payment plans – deposit or part payment, payment by instalment or full payment.
- In case issuing refunds, we only return to original destination we received from.
- Customer may contact us to discuss about their payment of an item.
We accept return of items after it has been delivered as specified in Australian Consumer Law and PayPal Buyer Protection after 14 days of delivery. The customer must contact us and give the reasons for the return. We shall accept the return of item(s) based on the following:
- That, the item(s) ordered was not the one sent to the customer. This sometimes occurs as a result of numerous orders from customers. In this case, we shall take the responsibility of the shipping fee. There shall be full refund of money as specified in Australian Consumer Protection and PayPal Buyer Protection. If the customer wants new item, we shall SHIP the one ordered immediately. There can also be some delays as explained under the shipping conditions already.
- The customer may wish to exchange the item(s) with another one of the same price within 7 days after delivery. The customer therefore pays for any extra fee that may arise including shipping. There can also be some delays as explained above.
- Items must therefore be returned in the original conditions and had never be used.
- If an items is to be returned, they can be dropped off at any FedEx after we had given our account number to the customer.
- All our products are shipped through FedEx courier service worldwide.
- At the checkout, our website will automatically calculate shipping cost based on number of items, total weight and shipping address. Our website has FedEx API installed which pulls the cost from FedEx website.
- If the FedEx is unable to calculate shipping cost at checkout, the customer is offered Flat Rate by FedEx. This cost is per an item.
- The customer may give us different service through which the items may be shipped.
- There can be delay in shipping from 2 days to two weeks as a result of item(s) ordered may not be in stock. Mostly, this occurs as it takes several days to weave the cloth especially the high quality ones when they are not in stock.
- If the item is not in stock in Australia, it will therefore be shipped from Ghana to the customer directly as it would not make sense for the ordered item shipped to Australia first before its destination.
- The customer takes every responsibility that will arise as a result of incorrect address given during the time of making the order.
- After products are sent to the FedEx for shipping, we notify the customer by giving the tracking number by email only, customers are therefore advised to give correct email addresses when making orders.
- There is no handling fee.
- If item is to be returned, we will compensate the customer for the original shipping fee paid.